It’s the one year anniversary of our Cryptid World newsletter, and we have a lot to celebrate. Last year at this time we had just signed with our agent. Now, we have two contracts. Book one is finished and in production. The second well on it’s way.
If you subscribe to Cryptid World, then you know we took a couple months off last winter as we started the books, and then we put out a mini newsletter in August when another new project presented itself. That newsletter had an open-rate of over 60%! Thank you so much to everyone who read it.
We are blessed to not only to write and illustrate together as mother and daughter, but to have opportunity to create and share our interests and talents with others. The newsletter is special to us because it’s so much more than a marketing tool. It rises above social media and brings an element of intimacy. Thank you to those who allow us to enter your inboxes.
We strive for quality content. In one year, we’ve only had one person unsubscribe and about half of our faithful followers open the crazy thing every month. That’s a remarkable statistic that pushes us to continue to produce quality articles.
We try to keep our content family friendly but appropriate for adults and kids. Hence the added coloring pages that are free to download from here.
Cryptid World Newsletter Content
- Original Artwork/Cryptid Tid Bit. You get to see original creature designs by Mel Ayers before anyone else, including the added coloring pages. And you have access to our free zine “A Beginner’s Guide to Cryptozoology and Six Legendary American Cryptids.”
- The Creator’s Trademark. This is an article that shows how bio-inspiration influences an aspect of science and/or technology. See our article on the electric eel. The October newsletter features an story about why scientists are studying the owl. We also like to include articles about awesome creatures who enhance our daily lives in an unbelievable way.
- Reviews and Recommendation. We read a ton of cryptid books and watch a number of documentaries. This is where we share some of our knowledge about our favorite cryptid resources. All recommendations are family friendly and present our own opinions.
- Insider News and Updates. Certainly not the most exciting part of the newsletter, but we need someone to share our good and bad news with. Usually this involves where we’re at in the publishing process and what projects we’re working on.
- Trivia. This centers around the Cryptid Tid-bit. Sorry, no prizes with this. Just some good useless knowledge ;-).
To Celebrate the one-year anniversary of our Cryptid World Newsletter, we’re hosting an awesome giveaway. Prizes include:
- (1) Cryptid Crate (value $40). See examples on their website.
- (2) 18″ x 24″ Cryptid World posters featuring creature designs by Mel Ayers. See her designs on Instagram @Melcabre2. She’s in the midst of hosting Cryptober. You can bet some of those cryptids will be on the poster!
- (1) Cryptid World Coffee Mug featuring one of our favorites: The Loveland Frogman.
- (1) hard back copy of Aaron Mahnke’s Lore: The World of Monstrous Creatures (2017)
Winners will be announced on October 17, 2019 in the Cryptid World October Newsletter.
- Subscribe to our newsletter by October 15, 2019. That’s it.
- If you are already a subscriber, you are automatically entered.
- Previous winners are also eligible.
- You must be a newsletter subscriber.
- 5 winners, 2 can be international or residents of Hawaii or Alaska. All other winners must reside in the continental United States.
- You must be at least 18 to enter.
- We will notify winners by email. You will have one week to reply with your mailing address. Prizes will be shipped on or around November 1, 2019. Except the Cryptid Crate which will ship on or around December 1, 2019.
- Only one item per winner. All names will be randomly drawn.
- You can find our complete Giveaway Policy here.
Good luck to everyone.