Here you will find family-friendly content about cryptids, creatures, and fascinating creations
Cryptid World is an ever-evolving vision of our love for the unique and fascinating critters that occupy the space in our minds and the world around us. Here you will find everything from coloring pages and puzzles to articles and interviews. Not to mention original cryptid and creature designs by Mel Cabre. We strive to entertain, offer quality content, and provoke interesting thoughts.
Party Date Change!!
Like most everyone, we’re foregoing a live book launch party <sad face>, but the good news is that when a book release date changes, it’s not so difficulty to change the party. Now, we have even more time to focus on an incredibly fun virtual party. We’re already planning games, giveaways, and some fun interaction. You just need to bring your snacks.
WHAT: Virtual Book Release Party to celebrate the launch of our very first book The Legend of Bigfoot: Leaving His Mark On the World (Red Lightning Books). Expect:
- Giveaways of Bigfoot books for young and old and other merchandise
- Games that you’ve never seen before
- Coloring Contest Winner Announced
- Mega grand prize featuring the 1972 restored version of The Legend of Boggy Creek as well as other books and merch.
- Other family-friendly fun.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 20, 2020 from 7:00 pm-9:00 pm, EST.
Games; drawings; meet the creature designer, Mel Cabre; play The Great Bigfoot Search of 2020; coloring contest winner announced.
Drawings will include books by Loren Coleman, Lyle Blackburn, Lija Fisher, and more. Documentaries by Small Town Monsters and the original Legend of Boggy Creek. A grand prize valued over $75. One lucky winner will also receive a free commission from Mel Cabre for a single pose, color creature/character design. Value: $30 Prizes for all ages.
This is still happening, and the deadline for submission to 10-16-2020. Check out the sidebar slideshow for contest entries. Did you find yours?
Because artistic styles vary and creative expression is unique, this contest is open to anyone of any age. All entrants will be entered into a drawing. The winner will be announced the night of our Virtual Book Launch Party on October 20, 2020 (please note the date change).
Directions for Coloring Contest:
- Download and print off a color page from our website: https://cryptidworld.com/cryptid-coloring-pages/
- Color and either scan or take a picture of your image.
- Copy and paste your image into the body of an email and send it back to us at email@example.com by September 18, 2020.
- Please don’t sent attachments as they will be eaten by the cryptid living in our basement. Just kidding…we don’t have a basement.
- We will post the artwork in a slide show or gallery on our website, so please no names or identifying information on the front.
- A random winner will be drawn at our virtual book launch party on September 22, 2020. You do not have to be present to win. We will contact you by email. Guidelines will follow those listed on our website here, except any age can enter. You must live in the United States to be entered into the drawing but not to have your pictures posted.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow the rules or keep it family-friendly.
A Guide to Sky Monsters
Coming May 2021
Here are a few more things you’ll find on the website:
- Announcements and our latest news.
- Newsletter sign-up–the inside scoop on all of the Cryptid World projects plus a free ebook or booklet. You can sign up in the side bar off to the right, or if you’d like to see an example, you can take a look at some sample content here.
- Once a week (more or less), we blog about cryptids, creatures, and fascinating creations as well as bring you author interviews and product recommendations. You can find out latest blog posts in the sidebar or on our blog post page.
- Original Cryptid creature designs by Mel Cabre.
- Around Cryptid World shows a little of what we’ve been doing this past year, privately and professionally. This is a page in continual transition.
If you’re interested in following our progress at Cryptid World, sign up for our newsletter. Along the way, we’ll offer some unique content about the books and have some fun giveaways to celebrate.
In addition, we have a new booklet that is free when you sign up. It’s called “A Beginner’s Guide to Cryptozoology and Six Legendary American Cryptids.” Complete with original Mel Cabre designs. This booklet is family-friendly and yours to download, print, or enjoy online.
Are you more of a fiction/romance + cryptid/creature fan?
Then you can choose to download No Longer Alone, A Belied Outcast Legends novella.
This small book was a labor of love. I first wrote it as a short story back in high school and placed third in a county wide writing competition. Not because my writing was stellar. The message talks about the value found in all people no matter who we are or where we come from. No matter our mental state or developmental level, we are equal, and we are special, and we are created with purpose.
While I brought certain elements of this story up to date and added a romance and a fairy (bc … why not?), the story at its core is still about a young woman who shifts perspective in her thinking to not only find value in her life circumstances but in the person she is meant to be.
He pushed her away… Until now? What changed?
Five years ago, sixteen-year-old Lola gave up trying to fit in after her best-friend, Chase, told the world she talked to an imaginary friend. She tried to explain the fairy was real, but everyone called her crazy. Now, Chase wants to be her friend again.
But forgiving isn’t easy, and no way does she trust him. Even if he has changed.
When her Mom suffers complications giving birth and the fairy disappears, Lola desperately needs to confide in someone, but can she open up and risk possible humiliation? Can she risk losing Chase again?
To read Chapter One, click here.
You can watch the book trailer by clicking here then read for free if it looks like something you might enjoy. Just sign up for our newsletter. You’ll be given directions on how to access the book.
“There are no secrets to success. It is a result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” –Colin Powell